Monday, June 13, 2011

Dissappointment Settles

Well, art in the park didn't go as well as I'd hoped. Perhaps it my set up made people feel intimidated to actually come into the tent to take a closer look. Perhaps a table would have been just enough. Or perhaps, the festival wasn't advertised enough - or perhaps most just came for the food and a little stroll through the park to look at neat stuff. It's quite odd how well I did last year but totally bombed this year. Very disappointing and wonder if I should do it again next year....

On the upside, I got to meet some wonderful people around my neighborhood and the lovely girl who purchased "Popsicle" from the Children's Museum fundraiser. It's always exciting to meet buyers that didn't purchase though you.

Anyway, For anyone out there - if you've got tips on how to sell at art fairs - post away!

No comments: